Course 4 expands into the world of altered and performance vehicles and the alignment challenges they create. This course explains the different concepts of lowering and lifting vehicles along with proven alignment solutions. Muscle car alignment is also covered.
This training module will help the advanced alignment technician understand and diagnose problems associated with modified suspension systems. After completing this module the technician should:
1. Describe the components used and explain the ways vehicles are lowered.
2. Describe alignment problems associated with lowered vehicles.
3. Describe the components used and explain the ways vehicles are lifted or raised.
4. Describe alignment problems associated with lowered vehicles.
5. Comprehend the basics how vehicles are lifted and the components used.
6. Understand the basics of lowered vehicles and common methods used to lower vehicles.
7. Understand how lifting or lowering a vehicle affects alignment angles.
8. Explain the concept of modifying alignment specifications to achieve optimal tire wear on modified suspensions.
9. Understand the concept of modified alignment angles used for performance vehicles.